Religion of Atheism

Share it:
“People never goes violent more wilfully than in the name of religion”
When I lived my life of a cave man, dwelling in the wilderness of Mesozoic, I was thrilled by the Bright red ball of the sky. Its presence meant there were enough light for me to go hunting the Bison or the big Mammoth. Without it, the forest was dark like Dante’s hell, the saber tooth’s would come and poke its tooth into my affairs. Somehow, I was intimidated by this Red giant and started doing things to please it. I sacrificed animals and brought fruits as offerings. This became my first God . I was followed by my fellow tribe of Homo sapiens and neighbors Homo Erectus . We came together after dusk & did rituals like dancing and some head banging music. Life was smooth for me , we never fought for the Gods, everyone could have his own god . We believed the more they were the merrier, more reason to dance ,music and rejoice.
That was back then , when human race was uncivilized . Man were still part- ape , no one taught them the path to redemption , unknown to them they were still caught in the endless cycle of Birth –rebirth, the vicious cycle of Karma. But I was blessed what modern man could teach me . I was blessed by endless rituals ,holy books , hymns , great saints , I went through endless time of being circumcised and going bald. I thought religion would bring me happiness , though I still could not  understand the term completely. I hoped if I went through all this , it would make me that. But surprisingly I was not happy , I was worried all the time . I was worried if I were praying the right god, if I were saying the right hymn , Should I pray on Monday , Friday or on Sundays. Where I should pay my Pilgrimage? should I avoid beef or can I eat pork? My fellow Tribe of Homo sapiens , continued to build walls around me  which fragmented us into separate ghettos and temples. I was persecuted, humiliated and flogged numerous times at numerous places.
Amidst all the worries, one fact that remained constant was my fear for the Red Ball of the eastern sky. In its cycle of day and night , life brew in this planet . Light bounced from the tree tops, reflected across the river and spread colors before rain . I was enthralled and awed by the power of the High seas, the Tsunami, the  Hurricane , the earthquake, by the power to give birth and the loss at deaths.
If God is what it is , behind the forces that creates life, if He is that Supreme being, creator of the universe , he is still a mystery to me as it was during my Cave man days . I am constantly humbled by the forces and ashamed at the gimmicks of modern religion of the civilized world. What is funny is how people continue to think of themselves as the supreme creation of the creator, they believe that their faith is unquestionable and beyond criticism. Nothing can be more ridiculous than Blasphemy ,  if the supreme being was offended by Blasphemy , the world will cease to exist , but he don’t care, he has the whole universe to take care .It offends only the people who are blinded by faith , blindfolded by prejudice they cannot see the truth. The TRUTH will not cease to be the  truth even if some people don’t understand it or deny it.
Just like in the past when Galileo was forced to proclaim that the earth is stationary and the sun revolves around it , the earth never changed its course. So , kindly pray , don’t preach.

Share it:

articles

best

religion

spirituality

Post A Comment:

0 comments: